Posts for tag: Oral Hygiene
Need advice from your Baltimore, MD, dentist?
Dental hygiene is essential for your oral health. Dentists can give you tips on how to maintain good oral hygiene to prevent serious dental issues.
Here are some tips your Baltimore dentists advise you do to maintain dental care:
- Getting professional dental cleanings and checkups every six months to remove hardened plaque that's accumulated on teeth and around gums over time
- Flossing at least once before bed will remove food debris
- Avoiding tobacco, smoking, and drinking too much coffee and tea
- Brushing your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day, at least, while holding the brush at a 40-degree angle to clean hard-to-reach areas
There are several procedures you may need if you don't take care of your teeth:
- Root canal therapy: A dental restoration needed when someone has an infected or inflamed tooth that needs to be cleaned, disinfected, and sealed
- Crowns: These are dental caps that fit over weak and/or unsightly teeth to improve your smile and reinforce teeth that are weak.
- Dental implants: Another restorative procedure that replaces your tooth root with a titanium post when you've suffered from tooth loss.
- Veneers: These porcelain restorations are similar to crowns but they are cemented on the surface of teeth to hide unappealing issues like crack, dents, and yellowed teeth.
- Bridges: This restoration is similar to dental implants but it doesn't replace a tooth root, just the gap left from losing a tooth.
If you have any questions, or concerns, about good oral hygiene habits and taking care of your dental restorations, just call your dentists at Baltimore Uptown Dentist in Baltimore, MD, today!